Our goal at Linwood Baptist Church is "Every Member a Minister." Christians have a responsibility to invest in the lives of others whether that be through soulwinning, Sunday School lessons, personal discipleship, and investing in world Missions. God assigns different gifts to diferent members of a local body, and we try to make sure that everyone uses their gift for the glory of God in our church.
We at Linwood Baptist Church believe that the Scriptures are essential to our growth as Christians. To this end, we have organized Sunday school clases for every age group. Every member of your family can find a class fitted for their age group.
- Preschool Sunday School
- Primary Sunday School
- Junior Sunday School
- Teens Sunday School
- Adult Sunday School
Nursery is provided for all services for infants and toddlers.
Every Sunday morning after the choir comes down in the morning worship service, our children are dismissed to Children's Church where they have a lesson, activity, games, and snack. There are special activies throughout the year for Children's church including the Fall Festival each October.
In addition to Sunday School, our teens have a youth service with preaching, singing, games and dinner on the first and thrid Wednesday night of each month in the Fellowship Hall. They have a youth activity each month, attend Youth Camp and serve in various ministries.
The Linwood Ladies enjoy special meetings throughout the year with various themes and topics to fellowship and grow in the Lord. The Linwood Ladies Summer Luncheons are the first Thursday of June, July and August where they meet at a local restaurant for a guest speaker and themed luncheon.
2015 Theme: Live, Laugh, Love
2016 Theme: Faith, Family, Friends
2017 Theme: Yesterday, Today & Forever
2018 Theme: Evening, Morning & Noon
2019 Theme: Power, Love & Sound Mind
From skeet shooting to a cookout, the men have meetings throughout the year for encouraging fellowship centered around the work of the Lord.
We gather on the first and third Saturday of each month for visitation and sharing the gospel in our local community. With a special time of fellowship to follow.
The Bible teaches that the local church is responsible for getting out the Word of God to all nations. Although we are not capable of going to all the world ourselves, we do place a high priority on world missions by prayer and giving. Please join us in prayer for Linwood's missionaries:
- Alverson, Jeff and Joyce - Military Missions
- Bohman, Erica - Kenya
- Butler, Jim and Linda - BIMI Administration
- Catalan, John Mark and Kristin - Philippines
- Condra, Nicole - Romania
- Cooley, Jeremiah and Lindsay - Liechtenstein
- Denisi, Frank - Philippines
- Durden, Josh and Amy - Japan
- Farley, Charles and Joan - IPM, Inc.
- Ford, Keith - Caribbean
- Haley, Mike and Cindy - Botswana, Africa
- Harvel, Jason and Leah - Military Missions
- Hawks, Jeff and Yvette - Washington State
- Knight, Brandyn and Alicia - Military Missions
- Lancaster, Tom and Dottie - Military Missions
- Lemmon, Bob and Linda - Bible Printing
- Leonard, Robert and Amanda - Fiji
- Lord, Allen and Hagit - Israel
- McCombie, Mike and Wilda - BIMI Western Representative
- Neal, Brandon and Devona - Military Missions
- Nix, Johnny and Kay - Rock of Ages Prison Ministry
- Ojo, Timothy and Ronke - Nigeria
- Palmer, Glenn and Charlotte - England
- Pinson, Mike and Tonda - Military Missions
- Popwell, Sammy and Joan - Military Missions
- Porterfield, Eric and Jessica - Sudan
- Radank, Bob and Kelly - Germany
- Seals, Odis and Betty - Yucatan, Mexico
- Shambaugh, Charity - Romania
- Shenandoah Haven Girls Home
- Tillman, Tommy and Jo Ann - Thailand/Mongolia
- Wall, Tim and Jennifer - Washington State
- War, Chris and Lou Anne - Military Missions
- Waye, Chris and Sherry - England
- Winkler, Matt and Sheri - Uganda
- Wolfe, Patrick and Shelia - Military Missions